Hydrovac services in Colorado use state-of-the-art machinery to make excavation of any volume quick and easy. Whether the construction project involves laying the foundation of a building or modern technology is needed to test the ground for unknown, old and unused utilities, hydrovac services know how to handle the excavation process.
What is, in fact, Hydrovac?
Hydrovac excavators combine the power of water and the power of vacuum to dig into the ground. The machine delivers pressurized water that breaks up the soil and uses vacuum to extract the loosened soil, the slurry and debris and to transport the removed material to a debris tank for depositing.
Why Hire a Local Hydrovac Service for Your Excavation Project?
Using hydrovac technology to dig out foundations or to remove soil for other purposes comes with numerous benefits over manual excavation – here are the most important ones:
- Safety and security on the construction site – hydrovac excavation being a non-destructive method, it can be safely used in areas where there may be old, unmapped utility pipes or cables underground. Digging into such old utility can cause very serious injuries, but with hydrovac, you can be sure that old utilities are revealed in safe manner;
- Efficiency – high-capacity hydrovac equipment can move large quantities of soil in a very short time, eliminating the need for costly, exhausting and time-consuming manual digging;
- Cost reduction – by reducing the time necessary for completing the excavation phase, hydrovac excavation reduces overall construction costs as well,
- Suitable for any type of soil – another benefit that derives from the high capacity of the equipment, hydrovac excavation is suitable for clay and for other types of hard soil. The technology can efficiently cope with frozen ground as well, therefore it is the go-to solution whenever digging must be done in sub-zero temperatures;
- Versatility – hydrovac excavation techniques can be used not only for digging out foundations. The technology is great for finding old utility pipes, for digging long and narrow trenches, for removing thin layers of soil for gardening and landscaping purposes as well as for cleaning already existing structures, such as swimming pools that are covered in a thick layer of dirt, soil or debris;
- Remote digging – hydrovac excavation is a great solution for digging in places that are difficult to access. The machines used have long hoses that can be operated remotely, with the machine itself located several yards away from the digging site;
- Varied sizes – hydrovac units come in various sizes, allowing clients to use the size that fits their projects. Local hydrovac services offer small, hand-held units, larger, portable units as well as huge, truck-mounted units that can move a huge amount of soil very quickly.
Hydrovac services in Colorado offer not only a varied range of units to rent, but consultation as well, so if you are not sure about the type or the size of the excavator that works best for you, you can turn to them for advice as well.